Attracting Traffic to Your Site
The goal of every blogger or website owner is to get people to visit their site. What’s the point of working so hard to add content to your site if no one will see or read it? This is why you need these 5 magic steps to help get you high traffic if followed diligently. This works for all website categories, if yours is a static website, then add a blog or news section and...
1. Post Consistently: Businesses, organizations, professionals and even hobbyists blog to boost their site’s traffic and get noticed, you have to publish to get visitors. All the drafts, ideas, or SEO magic in the world won’t help you if you do not publish post regularly. From research, blogging regularly is the single most important thing you can do to increase your site’s SEO
2. Create Fresh and strategic Content: Be more strategic with your content, your content should have clear purpose and aimed at meeting your audience specific needs putting what they love into consideration.
3. Create a Killer Headline: While content is king, you should always make sure to create incredible and irresistible headlines. Your headline is what attracts visitors to visit your site and get content that interests them. Hiding a good content behind a poor headline will kill your blog.
4. Use Key Words and Appropriate Tags: It is most likely for your target audience to search for content on your site using Keywords. Make sure your site is well indexed by search engines by using keywords in your site’s tagline, in your website content, and in tags. Attach appropriate categories and tags to your posts so people can find them easily. Avoid using too many tags though.
5. Advertisement: Advertisement is one of the best ways that always help to get the word out about your blog.
There are ways to advertise your blog without paying to do so.For example, through social media. If you don't have one, set up your profile on Twitter, Facebook, Medium, Pinterest, Google+… all for free. Also participating in a variety of groups that talks about topics related to your posts is a great way to get free advertising. If you share other people's posts on there, your content may be shared in return.
While paid advertising may be expensive, it is one of the quickest ways to reach a larger audience. To name a few, you can do this through Search engine advertising (such as Google AdWords), Advertising on Social Media with Facebook ads and Banner advertising on other websites or blogs (such as AdNaira advert), which is another strategic yet cheaper way to advertise your blog and increase your traffic.
Stick to these steps and keep your site busy at all times.